From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci-1409

I have the following:

LabView 8.2

IMAQ 3.1.3

PCI-1409 Frame Grabber

Cohu 2922 Machine Vision Camera

I am trying to trigger my frame grabber in LabView so that I can image the laser I am observing with my camera at a specific rate.

In LabView, I click on I/O -> IMAQ Session, and then go to the block diagram and go to the tab for the Vision and Motion controls but nothing is there.

When I go to My Computer and search the C:/ for anything with IMAQ, one of the items it returns is a file called IMAQ vi's. Within this file are files like:

IMAQ File IO.llb

IMAQ.llb

imaqll.llb

imaqhl.llb

Each of these files contains different vi's, and for example under imaqhl.llb, when I click on IMAQ Grab Setup.vi, it generates several errors during its setup as it cannot find the files:

imgAssociateBufListWithInterface.vi

imgPopScalingAndROIWhenFinished.vi

imgPushScalingAndROI.vi

imgGrabSetup.vi

To me, a relatively new LabView user, it seems like some of the Vision vi's are on my computer but whatever puts them into the user interface on the Block Diagram is not recognizing them. Also, I am missing some of the files necessary to run many of these vi's to begin with.

I am wondering if there is some kind of patch or additional software I need to install in order for the Vision software to show up in LabView so that I can work with my camera.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling IMAQ 3.1.3, but I continue to get the same errors.

Thanks for your help, and I can be reached via email or phone if that would be easier for anyone in the NI community.

mrn10

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,634 Views)

mrn10,

The earliest version of NI-IMAQ that is compatible with LabVIEW 8.2 is NI IMAQ 3.6.

Source:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B55FF09D1FBD3108625719600650B7C

NI-IMAQ 3.6:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/362/lang/en

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,623 Views)