From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pca implemetation on an image

hi, i want to perform pca on an image to get luminance image. i have done the same thing in matlab and now want to implement it in labview. but i m so confused,,, i have used imaqcolorimagetoarray vi to convert image first to array and then apply pca on it... but the array of rgb image is a 2d matrix but in matlab it is a 3d matrix,, the result of pca here and princomp in matlab is also different ... plz tell me how can i get it,,   thnx ,, here is the  code for pca in matlab

it is a function that is called in the original program ....

function [luminance] = PCA1(RGB)

% USAGE [luminance channel] = PCA1(RGB)
%
% INPUT
% RGB: rgb image
% OUTPUT
% luminance channel:
%

% from matrix representation to vector

r = RGB(:,:,1);
g = RGB(:,:,2);
b = RGB(:,:,3);

[rS cS d] = size(RGB)

rVec = r(:);
gVec = g(:);
bVec = b(:);
Ivec = cat(2,rVec,gVec,bVec);

% compute eigen vector
[eigenVec score eigenVal ts] = princomp(Ivec);
% the luminance is normalized to 1
V = eigenVec/(sum(eigenVec(:,1)));

% transformation from RGB to PCA representation
Bvec = Ivec*V

% from vector representation to matrix
luminance = reshape(Bvec(:,1),rS,cS)

plz help me as i m new in labview 😞 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,556 Views)

The easiest way to get the luminance plane is to call IMAQ ExtractColorPlanes or IMAQ ExtractSingleColorPlane.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,548 Views)

yup i kow thai is easiest way, but problem is that i have to get luminance image by applying PCA

is there any method to apply PCA on an image directly

i have first change the image in array form but that is a 2d array but in matlab that is 3d array for an image how can i get a 3d array of an image direct.. where the 3rd dimension shows the RGB values

plz plz help me :(Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,533 Views)

why nobody replied me ??????//

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,503 Views)

You can use a combination of IMAQ ExtractColorPlanes, IMAQ ImagetoArray, IMAQ ColorImagetoArray and NI_AALPro.lvlib:Eigenvalues and Vectors (located in the Mathematics>>Linear Algebra palette) to implement the algorithm you described.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,499 Views)

thnx

but what is the ni-aalprovi?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,487 Views)

NI_AALPro.lvlib refers to the Advanced Analysis LabVIEW Library that the VI belongs to. You can find it in the Mathematics>>Linear Algebra palette.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,482 Views)

i have done my work but here is a problem. i want to get luminance image by applying pca but the resultant image is not clear. here is the attached vi. would u plz  usee it and correct it for me?

thnx in advance..

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,476 Views)