Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni vision acquisition express

When using NI Vision Acquisition Express with labview 2009, when I click on my camera during the select acquisition source stage, a red x appears over the camera icon for my camera and the bottom of the window says "the following error occurred while configuring the acquisition."  This problem happens with multiple cameras.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(6,289 Views)

When you are suing the vision acquisition express as soon as you select the camera

donot press next immediately. Give it like 15-30 seconds and then press next. It should

normally work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(6,272 Views)

Hi Nick,

Thanks for posting, but I have a few questions i'd like to clear up.

1) Are there more details provided at the bottom of the window regarding the error? 

2) In Measurement & Automation Explorer, do you see the same thing? 

3) What kind of camera and what driver are you using (IMAQ or IMAQdx)?

It looks like your camera is not being shown as connected.  Have we checked to make sure all of our connections are secure?  Perhaps your framegrabber has become dislodged.  Was this working before, and if so can you remember what changed between that time?

Tejinder Gill
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(6,271 Views)

When I click on the camera I see the error at the bottom and the red x over the camer, not when I click next.

There are no details at the bottom of the screen.  There is a blank line below the line that says "the following error occurred while configuring the acquisition"

Where is the measurement and automation explorer?

Under measurement IO I see "MAX Configuration" and NI Scan Engine. 

I have tried with an iSight and a logitech webcam 9000.  Both of them are connected via USB.  I have also installed the "NI IMAQ for USB Cameras".

When neither camera is connected, the "NI-IMAQdx Devices" folder is not present and none of the cameras are listed so, I think it is recognizing the cameras. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(6,271 Views)

Has this ever worked before or is this the very first time trying this?

Have you tried using the IMAQdx driver?  IMAQ for USB was a free software that was created and provided for our customers but it is not officially supported by NI. 

With Vision Acquisition 2009, IMAQdx 3.4 now has support for USB cameras that are DirectShow compliant.  I believe if you try this, you may get better results.

Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) is its own application (Start-->Programs-->National Instruments-->Measurement & Automation Explorer) where you can check if your devices are configured correctly

What you can do before trying develop is see if you can do a snap or grab in MAX.  Open MAX, expand the devices and interfaces tab.  When you plug in you camera, it should show up there.

Tejinder Gill
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(6,260 Views)

This is the first time I am trying with Labview 2009.  I have been able to acquire images with labview 8.6

I think I am using the IMAQdx drivers, but I am not sure because I have installed the NI IMAQ for USB Cameras as well before I knew that 2009 supported USB cameras.

Measurement and Automation Explorer has no problem with either camera.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(6,246 Views)

I think I just replied from someone else's NI account. 

The facts are the same:

This is the first time I am trying with Labview 2009.  I have been able to acquire images with labview 8.6

I think I am using the IMAQdx drivers, but I am not sure because I have installed the NI IMAQ for USB Cameras as well before I knew that 2009 supported USB cameras.

Measurement and Automation Explorer has no problem with either camera.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(6,242 Views)

I have the same problem under Labview 8.5.1. USB Camera works correctly in MAX, but NI vision acquisition express shows error. I've tried to acquire image from camera 'manually' by IMAQ USB Grab Acquire with no effect.

IMAQ USB Grab.vi shows error -1074396024   "Error system". 

IMAQ USB Init.vi shows err -1074396020 "  Filter could not be found".

I've also tried to run this with simple  IMAQ Grab.vi - Error  starts in IMAQ init.vi : "-1074397163 IMAQ Init.vi"

If anyone solve this problem somehow, help please.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(5,835 Views)

Hello,

First, does your camera have a DirectShow filter?

Secondly, have you tried using the NI-IMAQdx driver 3.4 or later?  These offer DirectShow compatibility for LabVIEW 8.5.1.

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(5,809 Views)

@adasiuu wrote:

I have the same problem under Labview 8.5.1. USB Camera works correctly in MAX, but NI vision acquisition express shows error. I've tried to acquire image from camera 'manually' by IMAQ USB Grab Acquire with no effect.

IMAQ USB Grab.vi shows error -1074396024   "Error system". 

IMAQ USB Init.vi shows err -1074396020 "  Filter could not be found".

I've also tried to run this with simple  IMAQ Grab.vi - Error  starts in IMAQ init.vi : "-1074397163 IMAQ Init.vi"

If anyone solve this problem somehow, help please.

If the camera is working in MAX, then you are using the IMAQdx driver already. As such, you would need to use the IMAQdx functions on the LabVIEW palette rather than the IMAQ or IMAQ USB ones.

Eric

Message 10 of 20
(5,792 Views)