Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni vision acquisition express

I've installed newest drivers from "NI Device drivers AUG10" DVD. 

My USB camera worked under labview 2010 trial version, but after trial period expired I had to install my academic version (8.5.1) so I think camera has DirectFilter. Also I've tried to use NI-IMAQdx functions. 

I'm thinking about reinstalling Labview but without IMAQ for USB...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,082 Views)

Hi adasiuu,

Did you install the drivers after installing LabVIEW 8.5?  If you did not, I would recommend reinstalling the drivers and then restarting.  The latest version of IMAQdx is compatible.

Best,

Lynn

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,066 Views)

If you install a different version of LabVIEW _after_ installing IMAQdx (or any other NI drivers) you will likely need to reinstall the driver to ensure that it installs the correct support for the version of LabVIEW you just installed. Simple running the installer and selecting to modify the installation and proceeding through should be sufficient.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,062 Views)

Reinstallation didn't solved the problem - all the settings remains the same after reinstallation.

When acquiring image by Vision Assistant there is an error means that settings for the camera are not valid.

I think Imaq for usb  may cause this error but I don't know how uninstall it, or simply it can't be uninstalled. 

I really losing hope to make it working without reinstalling Windows and install Labview once again on fresh system.

For now I'm using another pc with same Labview onboard and it works perfectly so the problem can be considered solved.

Thank you all for help,

adasiuu

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,039 Views)

I'm having the same problem as described here. I see identical behavior on two different computers and with three different cameras (two cheapos off of ebay and a Logitech quickcam): I can see the can see the camera output just fine in MAX, but I can't get Labview to talk to the camera(s). In particular, the Vision Acquisition expressVI gives me the "The following error occurred while configuring the acquisition:" (and then nothing) error.

I just updated Labview and all drivers to LV2010 service pack 1 hoping that this would help, but it didn't. Both computers are running Windows 7, one is 32 bit and the other 64 bit.

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,862 Views)

Can you try running one of the simple IMAQdx examples instead of the express VI? Does it behave differently?

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,860 Views)

Ah - good suggestion Eric. The IMAQdx examples are all full of errors in sub-VIs. Drilling down through the sub-VIs, it looks like the problem is "Library that contains the VI or item is not properly licensed." So this requires a license for Vision, right? I thought I was doing a 30 day evaluation of the Vision development module, but now I see that I am frequently asked if I want to evaluate it for 30 days. It seems that somehow my "yes, I want to evaluate it" request isn't sticking... Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,857 Views)

@rogeriam wrote:

Ah - good suggestion Eric. The IMAQdx examples are all full of errors in sub-VIs. Drilling down through the sub-VIs, it looks like the problem is "Library that contains the VI or item is not properly licensed." So this requires a license for Vision, right? I thought I was doing a 30 day evaluation of the Vision development module, but now I see that I am frequently asked if I want to evaluate it for 30 days. It seems that somehow my "yes, I want to evaluate it" request isn't sticking... Any ideas?

Go to the NI License Manager (in your start menu) to se the states of all your licenses.

Vision Acquisition Software is licensed independently from Vision Development Module (though a serial number for Vision Development Module can activate Vision Acquisition, but not the other way around). To use the IMAQdx examples or the express VI you would need to ensure Vision Acquisition is licensed (or in evaluation mode).

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,855 Views)

The problem was that my trial "Vision Acquisition Software" license had expired. I got an extension on the trial and now both the IMAQdx examples and the Vision Express VI work great.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,836 Views)

@rogeriam wrote:

The problem was that my trial "Vision Acquisition Software" license had expired. I got an extension on the trial and now both the IMAQdx examples and the Vision Express VI work great.

Thanks for the help!

I filed this as a bug that the appropriate error was not being returned from the Vision Acquisition Express VI and it should be fixed in the next driver release. Sorry for causing you the trouble of trying to track down why it was not working.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,833 Views)