From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni 1483 cam link 4 tap 16 bit with c-red2 from first light

Hi I am new in camera link. I try to communicate via camera link under labview FPGA with module NI 1483. I can't find example with 4 tap 16 bits. On my test I always have 160*512 pixels. Does someone can help me with example ?

Ludo

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,191 Views)

Hello,
I am also struggling with a similar problem. Do you have a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,011 Views)

What version of Labview are you using? 

I am using NI 1477 in camera link full in 8xU8 configuration.

What acquisition example are you trying to use? 

Amit Shachaf
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,003 Views)

I am using LABview 2019 with a PXI and a flexRIO FPGA+NI1483 as frame grabber. The camera I am using is from the same manufacturer as LUDO.
The acquisition example I am using as base is Hardware Input and Output > FlexRIO > IO MOdules > NI 1483 > 1 Tap 10-Bit Camera with Frame Trigger and Threshold.
I got some success an adapting a 4Tap8Bit code and the further concatenating the bytes into a a word. My pixel intensities are off though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,998 Views)

Hi, this is what I do for return data from FPGA

LUDO_27_0-1582295366796.png

Then for read

LUDO_27_1-1582295387195.png

Ludo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,990 Views)

Hi Ludo,

The 1483 and the 1477 should be very similar.

You should be using the acquisition VI from NI to my opinion. 

Camera link acquisition VIs are in path: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\visionFPGA\Basics\Camera Link Acquisition\CL Acquisition"

The VI that you could use is "IMAQ FPGA Camera Link 1 Tap 16-Bit"

Can you setup your camera to 1 Tap acquisition? NI processing VIs can process only single Tap for 16Bit.

Amit Shachaf
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,978 Views)

I am still facing this problem, even if I am using an IMAQ based code. My architecture is simple a FlexRIO reads the cmera link and sends the data to my LabVIEW-RT. My current problem is, I am reading the pixels with the wrong intensity if compared with the measures done by the standard camera system. I am sending also screenshots of my code, the first image refers to the FPGA code and the second one to the LabVIEW-RT.Reading the Camera Link in the FPGA and sending the read data through DMA.Reading the Camera Link in the FPGA and sending the read data through DMA.Reading the DMA and assembling the frame.Reading the DMA and assembling the frame.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,914 Views)

Ludo,

Is this code working? Due to iamge size, I can't see the snapshot from your code well.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,882 Views)

Hi, yes the code is working. Change your web browser for see jpeg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,874 Views)

Hi LUDO,

If your code is working. THen maybe it is only issue of bit shift to get the intensity correct.

Is your camera output is 16bit or less.

Amit Shachaf
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,867 Views)