Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make usb logitech webcam acquire images?

Hi,

I am using LabVIEW 8.6and NI Vision Developement Module 8.6. I also installed the NI imaq for usb camera 1.3.0. However, I can't acquire images using my logitech webcam and I don't know why. Everytime I ran VI it shows: Possible reason(s):IMAQ Vision:  (Hex 0xBFF60488) Minimum coverage value should be greater than zero.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,948 Views)

Hi BlueBill,

First, I'd just point out the IMAQ for USB is not currently supported by National Instruments. That said, I'll try to help you out.

Where did you get this version of IMAQ for USB? As far as I understood it the current release is only 1.0.

What camera are you using? What operating system (and is it 64 bit?)? And do you have Vision Acquisition Software installed and activated?

Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,935 Views)

Hey,I think you should dowload the latest version with below link

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5030

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,924 Views)
I guess that at the moment 1.3.0 is the latest version..
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,897 Views)

Hi JeffL,

I changed another computer with LabVIEW, NI Vision Development module, USB cam and Vison Acquisition to ran this code. It worked. I guess maybe its caused by no acquisition module installed in my previous computer.

The latested version of usb webcam driver is really 1.3.0 from the NI website. BTW, the OS is Win XP in my computers.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,883 Views)
Good to hear it is working.
Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,854 Views)