From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is HP GX607AA 12MP Elite Webcam direct show compatible

Hello:

I am trying to find a HD webcam to use in LabVIEW. I have aready gotten a program to take images with a cheap webcam I had laying around, which is what I need, but I just need the images to be around 10-12 megapixels. I have done some research and found the HP GX607AA 12MP Elite Webcam seems to be a pretty good option. What I am wondering is if this camera is Direct show compatible so that it can be used with the USB IMAQ in LV. From what I have read, almost all USB cameras are ok, but I just want to make sure.

As a side note, I am considering attempting to use a standard digital camera with the LV program I have. Does anyone know if digital cameras are generally Direct show compliant?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,041 Views)

Hi Brjohns,

I took a look at the resources available on that camera but was unable to confirm whether or not it is directshow compatible. The only information I found was this forum post where someone mentions in passing that they used a specific directshow interface. My recommendation would be to contact HP directly for that information. As a side note, I notice that the specs for that camera say specifically that the 12 MP is only for still images, and that the camera operates at 3 MP in webcam mode. I also would like to point out that the USB IMAQ driver is a bit older, and we now have the IMAQdx driver (although it does require a license to use).

As for digital cameras, I believe most just show up as mass storage devices--that is, direct access to the memory card, not controls/streaming from the camera. So no, I don't think they are generally directshow compliant.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,023 Views)