Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is HP GX607AA 12MP Elite Webcam direct show compatible

Hello:

I am trying to find a HD webcam to use in LabVIEW. I have aready gotten a program to take images with a cheap webcam I had laying around, which is what I need, but I just need the images to be around 10-12 megapixels. I have done some research and found the HP GX607AA 12MP Elite Webcam seems to be a pretty good option. What I am wondering is if this camera is Direct show compatible so that it can be used with the USB IMAQ in LV. From what I have read, almost all USB cameras are ok, but I just want to make sure.

As a side note, I am considering attempting to use a standard digital camera with the LV program I have. Does anyone know if digital cameras are generally Direct show compliant?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,050 Views)

Hi Brjohns,

I took a look at the resources available on that camera but was unable to confirm whether or not it is directshow compatible. The only information I found was this forum post where someone mentions in passing that they used a specific directshow interface. My recommendation would be to contact HP directly for that information. As a side note, I notice that the specs for that camera say specifically that the 12 MP is only for still images, and that the camera operates at 3 MP in webcam mode. I also would like to point out that the USB IMAQ driver is a bit older, and we now have the IMAQdx driver (although it does require a license to use).

As for digital cameras, I believe most just show up as mass storage devices--that is, direct access to the memory card, not controls/streaming from the camera. So no, I don't think they are generally directshow compliant.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,032 Views)