cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaqdx unsigned driver on Windows 10

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

i'm trying to use a USB3 cam with IMAQdx on a pc running Windows 10. Once installed it works very well (good frame rate, configuration simple compared to GigE, etc...). But i have a big issue with Windows 10 rejecting the NI driver, because it is unsigned ! 

I manage to have a one shot installation using the workaround found at https://en.code-bude.net/2015/08/19/how-to-install-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-10/

But after each reboot, Windows 10 refuse the driver again 😞

So i have 2 questions :

1 - Is there a definitive workaround to stop Windows 10 refusing unsigned drivers ?

2 - (the most important IMHO) why IMAQdx drivers aren't Windows 10 certified ?

All the best,

Vincent
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,226 Views)

Hi Vincent,

Sorry you're running into this problem. The Vision Acquisition Software 17.1 Readme identifies this as a known issue, and the section called "Installing the Legacy USB3 Vision Driver for Windows 10 Systems with Secure Boot Enabled" shows a workaround that will allow you to use an older, signed version of the driver. 

Current Windows 10 signing policies do not allow for 3rd party USB class drivers (such as NI's USB3 Vision driver) to enable the type of signing that Secure Boot requires. We are investigating how we can enable this type of signing in the future.

Hope this helps,

Katie

Message 2 of 4
(3,191 Views)
Solution
Accepted by VdG

To add to what Katie mentioned, probably the best workaround is to disable Windows 10's secure boot feature:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/disabling-secure-boot

This will allow you to use the latest USB3 Vision driver (which is still signed, just not cross-signed by Microsoft to match the newer secure boot requirements).

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,185 Views)

Thanks katie and eric,

and sorry for the delay, i've been out of my office for a week. Finally i went on with the secure boot off. As this pc is not connected to the internet, i can admit a lower security setting...

All the best,

Vincent
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,145 Views)