Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaqdx registers returning errors on point grey cameras

I am trying to control Pt Grey Flea3 USB3 cameras.  Mostly these have been excellent, but I have come unstuck trying to access certain trigger modes.  THe trigger modes that Pt Grey claims are accessible, do not appear to be available as attributes, so I tried accessing registers directly.  Turns out I can read registers (in steps of 4) at offsets up to 20Ch, but after that I consistently get the same (rather unhelpful) error message "Unknown USB3 Vision error" (-1074360261 xBFF6903B).  This maximum offset is well shy of anything interesting in the registers.  I can revert the drivers back so I can use the native FlyCap software and this does allow me to access the registers at the offsets I expect (e.g. 803h).  I have seen similar posts to this problem, but don't see anything directly related.  Anyone got any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,053 Views)

Hi bostonscot,

What version of LabVIEW and NI-IMAQdx do you have on your machine? Would it be possible for me to receive a screenshot of the error message you are receiving? 

How are you configuring the IMAQdx Read Register VIs? Would it be possible to receive a screenshot or VI snippet of the code where the reading from the register is taking place?

Regards,

Jordan G

LabVIEW Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,027 Views)

Was this resolved?  I"m in the process of going down the same road.

Need to access trigger functions on Gige Flea3 camera.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,248 Views)

I am fairly sure the error turned out in the end to be a documentation problem on the Pt Grey side.  I think the specific camera I had actually didn't have the trigger mode that they claimed it had in the manual.  Sorry I can't be of more help!

Message 4 of 4
(2,243 Views)