cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaqdx gencam

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

i used labview 8.5 4 gigabit gencam i have a 4 parallel loop and it work good with grab funcion of imaqdx the problem which i got`t when i lossed the comunication with one of these cameras it effect anther that mean the time loop of each loop es about 100ms when i lost comunication with fist camera, the grab funtion of imaqdx need more than between 5seg  a 30seg to get next image in other loop only on the moment when i lost the comunication then it work normaly,

on the next example show this case for 2 cameras .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,912 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author safar

Hi Safar,

using four GigE Cams is fully supported by LabVIEW and there is not any documented caveat. Try to rearrange refnums and error lines data flows. Hope this helps.

Have a nice day!

Message 2 of 13
(4,835 Views)

this problem is solved useing labview 2009 but now i have a new problem when i used three gen camera the software woek very good but when i use 4 cameras i reseved noise on images .

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,830 Views)

That looks like packet loss to me. You can confirm this by reading the various attributes on the property nodes. I imagine you are running 4 cameras via a switch. This will run into problems unless you explicitly throttle the traffic on each camera because Ethernet has no bus reservation and each camera is going to be fighting over the limited bandwidth.

You probably want to adjust the "Maximum Bandwidth" attribute to 250Mbit per camera to ensure that each camera only takes 1/4 of the bandwidth.

Eric 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,821 Views)

hi

i used a photonfocus cameras the software which become with this type of cameras called GEVPlayer, with this softwre i can see the video of 4 cameras on the same time without any noise, only i  see the noise when i udes more than 3 cameras with labVIEW.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,812 Views)
I had this exact same problem, with the same number of cameras (except that after displaying noise for a few seconds, my entire program would lock up, along with LabView itself, and I'd have to reboot). I was using an Intel Pro/1000 chipset GigE ethernet card to port the data, and I installed the High Performance Driver (described on this page http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5651 ) which solved the problem for me.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,808 Views)

Hi Safar,

noise is able to be generated from different hardware sources, say, cables, switches,... If these elements cannot be changed or isolated, you have the chance to remove unwanted noises via software. First of all, identify the frequency of the noise an apply a filter in LabVIEW. You can find this subpalette in Block Diagram (Right Click) >> Vision and Motion >> Image Processig >> Filters.

Have a nice day!

Jesus

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,792 Views)

Hi Jesus

thanks for your help , but i say´d i dont have any probelm hadrware problem becues the 4 cameras work perfectly with the software of the cameras but only i have the noise when i used LabVIEW more than 3 cameras( 4 cameras in my case) with 3 cameras i dont any noise.

thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,786 Views)

I would agree with Eric.  This looks exactly like a problem I had when using multiple cameras.  After I set the max bandwidth for each camera to a smaller value, the problem was fixed.  The max frame rate per camera was reduced in my case, but the cameras worked together without garbage in the images.

To change the max bandwidth, I think you need to go to camera properties in MAX, then select Display All Properties.  Then you have to find Max Bandwidth and adjust it.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 9 of 13
(4,764 Views)

hi Bruce

i dont see the option of Max Bandwidth  in MAX , which version of MAX use?, did you use the MAX which came with LabVIEW 2009?, only i see the option of buffer size i change´t from 8000 to 10000 i dont see any change on images,

regardas

SAfar

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,723 Views)