From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaq1394.dll

I have installed LabView 8.5, including the machine vision module. If I run the Measurement & Automation Explorer, it shows I have LabView 8.5 installed, NI-IMAQ 3.8, NI-IMAQ I/O 2.1, NI-IMAQdx 3.1. But when I try run a LabView program (which unfortunately I do not have the source code for), it complains about not finding the file imaq1394.dll

I found this file in a computer and copied it to the same folder as the program Im trying to run. It then complains about the following:

LabVIEW: Resouce not found

An error occurred loading VI 'IMAQ1394 close.vi"
LabVIEW load error code 3: Could not load front panel.

It then goes on to throw similar error messages, but complaining about 'IMAQ1394 Get Image.vi", 'IMAQ1394 Start Acquisition.vi", 'IMAQ1394 Configure Acquisition.vi", 'IMAQ1394 Init.vi", and ends off with this error message:

Missing subVI IMAQ1394 Init.vi in VI SetupCamera.vi
Missing subVI IMAQ1394 Init.vi in VI IMAQ1394 Grab Setup.vi
Missing subVI IMAQ1394 Configure Acquisition.vi in VI IMAQ1394 Grab Setup.vi
Missing subVI IMAQ1394 Get Image.vi in VI IMAQ1394 Grab Acquire.vi
Missing subVI IMAQ1394 close.vi in VI SetupCamera.vi

Any ideas? Am I missing something? The system works with a FireWire camera. As far as I can tell I've installed everything I need (LabView 3.8 with the Vision Development modules). I have included a zip file with the program Im trying to execute. Thank you in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,529 Views)

Fabs1977,

It seems like you do not have the correct drivers installed.  The NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 was the driver used for firewire cameras before the IMAQdx driver replaced it.  Your attached executable was problably created using the older drivers.  You have two options:

1. Download and install the older drivers from our website.
  2. Obtain the source code for this executable and change the code to use the IMAQdx functions.

Ideally, the second option would be the best for compatibility reasons moving forward (more Firewire cameras are supported, better integration with future systems), but you should be fine just dowloading the NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 drivers.  Let me know how it goes!

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,483 Views)

Hi, all

Is this support Labview 2010 SP1? I have the same question when I use LV2010 SP1 to call an old project designed with Labview v8.6.

Thank you

regards,Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,371 Views)

jjjjjjj,

If your old project uses the legacy NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 driver, the two options are the same.  If you are currently using a newer version of LabVIEW, please refer to this KnowledgeBase article that includes a link to the legacy driver needed to run your old code.  Again, we recommend modifying the original code to use IMAQdx functions because this older driver is no longer supported.  Good luck!

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,358 Views)