Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i use imaq inverse for USB video camera?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to "inverse" a live video image.  I am trying to use the "Imaq Inverse" VI and it works for photographs, however, I cannot get it to work with a USB camera that is grabbing images.

I get an error "not an image" which occurs at the Imaq Inverse VI when I have the image from USB Grab Aquire wired into the Img Src for the Inverse VI.  

Any suggestions how to get around this?

I'm attaching two files.  The "Live Video" VI allows the user to aquire live video from a USB camera.  The "Live Video negative" VI is the file that i'm having a problem with.

Thanks for your help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,780 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author R0B0T

Hi,

I guess, your camera deliver RGB images (even you have initialized the image as 8 bit).

If so, try it in that way:

IMAQ USB Screenshot.png 

hope it helps,

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,770 Views)
Sweet.  That worked... thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,758 Views)

Hi there,

I have NI-Imaq, but I can't find NI-IMAQ for usb... where can I get this? I already install the driver, and I'm able to acquire images in VISION,...but I can't acquire video... 

Any Idea?

Fakstory

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,700 Views)

Hello Fakstory,

Please refer to the tutorial below on NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras. You would be able to configure any DirectShow Imagin devices and acquire images into LabVIEW from the driver. Let me know if this helps!

NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5030#0requirements

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,669 Views)