Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

highlight option in IMAQ overlay oval

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Klemen

Hi Klemen, 

Sorrily, if there is no direct option or property for this I am afraid there is no simple method to achieve this. As you said in a previous post here, you can do the trick by creating an overlay bitmap, but it would certainly require much more work that just using a rectangle with the highlight option. 

Kind regards,

Izabela

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,104 Views)

Thank you!

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,101 Views)

How about overlaying multiple rectangles into the shape of an oval? I know that is tedious but perhaps it would work... 

I am attaching an example (LV2012) that highlights any given ROI you draw on a loaded image. It is not the most efficient algorithm but it gets the job done. I just simply create a Mask from the ROI and then overlay rectangles on the mask pixels. If your process is time-sensitive, you will want to keep an eye on the processing time this takes. Depending on the shape you can make the algorithm much more efficient than pixel-by-pixel overlays. For the large red shape, it took 280ms to draw pixel-by-pixel on my laptop... so clearly not efficient on time.

Highlight ROIs

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,477 Views)

And here is a screenshot of the block diagram for a pixel-by-pixel method:

screenshot of block diagram.png

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14