From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get the average temperature over an area

Solved!
Go to solution
hello, 
I use the following example and I would rather read the temperature of a point, get the average temperature over an area, it seems that "property node" does not have this feature
I try to use color spectrum, but the graph does not draw the same colors as the photo IR_0045
I really don't know what to do,
do you have a idear
thank you
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,425 Views)
Do you have Vision Development Module installed or just Vision Acquisition Software? It's hard to do any image analysis/manipulation without the VDM.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,422 Views)

i have Vision Development Module installed ( 8.5)  and labview 8.6

Thank you very much for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,417 Views)
Have a look at the attached example. It computes the average RGB color over an arbitrary area, which you can specify by the ROI tools on the left side of the image control. Computation of the temperature based on the RGB value is up to you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,409 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author francispau
OK I've taken it as an entertaining excercise and did the conversion from RGB to temperature for you. I extracted the IR color palette from your image and for each color, I am searching for the closest matching color int the color palette. This is certainly not the fastest way how to do the conversion, but perhaps the most simple one.

Message 5 of 6
(3,406 Views)

incredible, nice example,  thank you very very very much

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,377 Views)