From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gauge calibration problem

Hi,

I am doing a project on Vision  based  Cluster inspection system and i am facing some problems.I have
        attached two images for bettar understanding.

a) For Speedo i am calibrating needle by using annulus as an ROI and Edge detection technique.But
      my ROI also detects an Icon (shown in red area)  in its region which i dont want so i masked it.Now the problem is that when
     needle passes that masked region it remains undetected. Can you Plz suggest some Solution for this Problem.

b)For Image2 You can see that between 25 and 30 scale graduation the color of overlay is same as that of needle
    so edge detection in that region has gone tricky.NOw can anybody sugeest me how to remove that part using
    filters or pix manipulation.

Regards
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,459 Views)
Hi,

Nobody seems tobe interested in giving a reply.
     I need help,Is anybody listening.....................
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,417 Views)
Hello techbreak,

For the first part of your problem, have you tried using a filled Image Overlay area instead of an Image Mask? You could just place a black overlay over the region that you do not want to see, but still detect the needle when it passes through this region.

As for your second question, you could change the color of the overlay so that there is no confusion with the region between 25 and 30. If needed, you could try color thresholding or color plane extraction to eliminate the red portion of the image.

I hope this helps.

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,398 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the Reply.For Image 21,The Overlay pattern you suggested seems not working.

I tried Color Plane Extraction,that is showing some results

but  the problem is still there.I cant locate needle in Overlay

also.It seems some problem in coding.or some concept.....

Plz Help.. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,384 Views)
Hello techbreak,

What is going wrong with detecting the edges after placing an Image Overlay? What exactly happens when you try doing this with Image 21? How are you trying to detect the edges? In any region with an image overlay, measurements and detection are still possible.

Any details on this would be appreciated.
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,336 Views)