Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatigue test

can u give me the steps how to use labview in fatigue test. i am conducting fatigue test on constant bending stress machine where the specimen will be rotating at 4200 rpm .how to acquire the strain signal from a rotating specimen.i am thinking to measure the crack length also
mpsingh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,808 Views)
what is the hardware that you are/planning to use?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,807 Views)

it is a traditional machine on which specimen will be rotating.now my question is how to acquire signal from a rotating specimen.

can u suggest me the module.we have national instruments CETRE FOR EXCELLENCE in our college.i was thinking to acquire the strain signal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,808 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,807 Views)
sir i using labview for the past one and half year.i have conducted experiments on strain gauges fixed to a beam,where the beam is fixed at one end.but here my problem is, the specimen is rotating.now tell me the ways to get strain from a rotating specimen.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,804 Views)

It is possible to use strain gauges on a rotating specimen if you use slip rings to transfer the signal between the rotating and non-rotating environments.  There are also various non-contact measurement methods, such as laser measurement and vision system.  It really depends on what details you are trying to measure.  Can you describe a little better the equipment you are using and the details of what you need to measure?

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,766 Views)

Are you MPSingh or Jyothi Prasad?  Please stick with one login name.

There are also telemetry based systems that have a transmitter mounted on the rotating part and send a signal out using radio waves.  But they may be too big for your specimen, and they are also expensive on the order of thousands of dollars.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,759 Views)

sir

if i get strain signal from the specimen then i can use labview fatigue analysis tool kit.slip rings is not a possible solution because it arrests the propagation of crack

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,743 Views)

sir

can u tell me the ways of acquiring strain from a rotating specimen with moderate cost.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,739 Views)

Can you describe what you are trying to do?  What size and shape is the sample?  What kind of strain are you trying to measure?  Are you trying to measure strain at a single point or all over?  Do you just want to know how much the whole bar is bending?

We can't help you if you don't give us enough information to work with.  Right now all we know is that it is rotating very fast.  Repeating your question over and over again doesn't help.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,726 Views)