Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -50400 on IMAQ FPGA image transfer to target.vi

Hi, all.

I have a problem about error -50400 on IMAQ FPGA image transfer to target.vi.

First, I created a simple vi(image processing host2.vi).

This vi get image from camera, send it to Target(FPGA), then get processed image(binary image) form Target and display it.

This vi works as I expected.

Then, I created a vi that do more complex task(image processing host3.vi).

First step is same as simple one, then this vi conduct more process to modify the image processed on Target and do pattern matching.(template is binary, too.)

But, when I run this vi, this vi can get only first image and process it, then stops with the error -50400.

Error source is :

Invoke Method: FIFO.Acquire Write Region in NI_VDM_FPGA_Basics.lvlib:IMAQ FPGA Image Transfer to Target U32.vi:1980001->image processing host3.vi

I understand this is a timeout error on vi, but don't know how to fix it.

I very appreciate if any help.

Thank you for your attention.

cleska.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,573 Views)

Hi, all.

I self-solve half of my problem.

When I ran this vi, surely I got the error -50400, but it was a final result of error.

I used highlight mode then ran again, I found Pattern Learn 6 vi send error because the algorithm 'all' is not for suitable about my template, so IMAQ FPGA Image Transfer from Target cannot acquire the processed image.

I changed the algorithm of Pattern Learn 6 vi from 'all' to 'Grayscale Value Pyramid', and my program started correctly.

Now, I have small problem.

My vi has no problem while running, but when I put stop button on front panel, my vi finally send the same error -50400.

If anyone knows solutions or mechanisms, please give me your knowledge.

Thank you in advance.

Best regard,

cleska.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,535 Views)

Have you checked this knowledge base document

It seems will help to troubleshoot the issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,506 Views)

Hi, vardanium.

Thank you for your reply.

I've read this article.

This refers to DMA FIFO Read, and my problem occurs at DMA FIFO Write Region, so I think there is a little difference.

I also think, my problem is by asynchronization of loop, because Image Transfer To and From Target are in the different while loop, and the loop that contains Image Transfer From Target is bigger than that of To Target.

Anyway, thank you again for your time.

best regard,

cleska.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,498 Views)

Hi Cleska,

I´am trying to aquire images from USB camera connected to a myRio 1900 and transfetr them to the FPGA for simple processing. After that I want to send them back to the CPU for visualisation. I came accross a LabView exemple implemented for cRIO and tried to reproduce it in a brand new myRio FPGA  project but I got error -50400. 

As I bumped into your post and noticed that you have a working version, I downloaded it for testing but it seems like you have saved your project with a later version of LabView. Right now I am running on LabView 2019. Could you please send me some images of your implementation of image processing host2.vi and  image processing fpga.vi?

Thank you a lot in advance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,256 Views)