Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital zooming upto 4X in steps of 1X

Yes please try the program and we can modify the same.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,439 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Actually i have tried the above VI's provided. And i am not looking for optical zoom, i need digital zoom function using interpolation technique. In this regard i have checked Imaq Resample but i could not implement digital zoom in steps of 1X up to 4X as the Imaq Resample has got the X resolution and Y resolution and not any zoom factor parameter.

My application is like below:

I have got an Ni PCIe frame grabber and Basler camera that works with IMAQ Driver. My application is to perform digital zooming up to 4X using any interpolation technique on this live video.

So please let me know how this can be done.

with regards,

Sri 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,433 Views)

Can you post an image and explain where you want to zoom?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,424 Views)

Hi,

Below is the VI how i am grabbing and displaying.

I just wanted to know how i have to do digital  zoom as asked in my previous post

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(2,422 Views)

Hi,

Sorry i have not attached the VI in my previous post

Please go through it.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(2,420 Views)

Post an image from the video is possible

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(2,417 Views)

@SriSwathi wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Actually i have tried the above VI's provided. And i am not looking for optical zoom, i need digital zoom function using interpolation technique. In this regard i have checked Imaq Resample but i could not implement digital zoom in steps of 1X up to 4X as the Imaq Resample has got the X resolution and Y resolution and not any zoom factor parameter.

My application is like below:

I have got an Ni PCIe frame grabber and Basler camera that works with IMAQ Driver. My application is to perform digital zooming up to 4X using any interpolation technique on this live video.

So please let me know how this can be done.

with regards,

Sri 

Hello,

the example that was posted before uses resample with interpolation.

Below is attached a modified example that scales and interpolates the image with respect to the image center. Each "zoom" level corresponds to the scale in horizontal and vertical direction, so that the size of an arbitrary object within the zoom area in both direction is twice the original size (scale factor x2).

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(2,409 Views)

IMAQ Resample might still be the best way to go.  Use Get Image Size, then multiply the sizes by the zoom factor you want, and use that as the input to IMAQ Resample.  If you are only zooming a portion of the image, extract that first and follow with resample.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(2,402 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, i will try the methods suggested and post if i get any problem.

with best regards,

sri

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(2,396 Views)