cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a standalone executable from a vision builder project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i have created an inspection-application. This application should run on another machine and i want to make a standalone executable out of my vision builder project.

Just to be sure:

Is it possible to export my Vision Builder Project to Labview and create a standalone executable?

I currently have installed

Labview 2010

Vision Builder 2010

I suppose i need the Vision Development Module to generate the exe out of the exported Project and to run it on another machine i need a runtime-license for the vision development module. Is that correct or am i missing something?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,909 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rene_B

Hello,

my name is Johannes from National Instruments.

You are right with you assumption. You can generate LabVIEW-Code out of the VBAI-Inspection. But to do so, you will need the Vision Developement Module installed - and of cause the Vision Acquisition Software (Should be allready installed if you acquired images with the VBAI).Out of the LabVIEW-sourcecode you can than create an standalone executable.But this executable will only run if you have installed the Vision Developement Module Run Time on the target and of cause activated (run-time license).

For the target you do not need an other license for the vision acquisition software - that is included in the Vision Developement Module Run Time.

Johannes

Message 2 of 3
(3,895 Views)

I think the original questions was asking about a LV app that is using the VBAI API to control a VBAI Inspection, as opposed to generating LV code from VBAI.

If this is correct, you can build an exe that uses the LV API for VBAI and then you can create an Installer using the normal LabVIEW App Builder and there is a checkbox for additional installers to include that allows you to include the Vision Common Resources and VBAI in your installer for the LV built app (See attached screenshot). You do not need the Vision Run Time Engine or even VBAI installed on PCs where you want to distribute the LV built app if you are controlling a remote VBAI target (i.e. CVS, EVS, or Smart Camera) and you are not doing any additional image processing on images in your app (i.e. you can display the image, but you can't do vision algorithms without Vision RTE). If you are launching a local VBAI engine on the deployed PC, you will need a Run Time version of VBAI installed on that machine (which includes the Vision Run Time Engine).

Hope this helps,

Brad

Message 3 of 3
(3,893 Views)