Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy in double of system variable VBAI

Hello,

I use VBAI 2010 on PC and EVS windows.

I have an inspection where I use system variables. In this inspection, I want to import another inspection which also use system variables with the same name.

At the end, I have each system variable 2 times with the same name and I don't know which I have to use.

Is there a parameter I have to change to solve this problem?

For the moment, I delete all the system variables before importing an inspection but it's not very convinient!!(I have 200 system variables).

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,766 Views)

I tried to reproduce the issue. When I try to import an inspection that is using a system variable of the same name and same type, I get a dialog asking if you want to use the existing variable, or create one with a different name.

Do you get that dialog? Which option do you select?

If the new inspection contains variables of the same name and different types, VBAI automatically renames the variable without prompting you. The name should be unique.

Can you also tell us if your variables are network shared? Is the inspection you're importing created on the same machine or on a different machine? Do you have variables of same name but different types in the 2 inspections?

Do you only use system variables or do you also have Inspection and network variables?

Asnwering the questions will help us reproduce the problem more consistently.

Also, if this is not a problem, you can email me the inspections for us to debug.

I am not able to reproduce the problem very consistently, although it happened sporadically on my machine.

Can you reproduce it with simple inspections and post a list of operations that make the bug happen consistently?

I reported the problem as CAR# 338085 and we'll address it in a future version. Unfortunately, I don't have a better workaround that you're already doing. The only thing is that the multiselection works in the Variable Manager. You can select the first variable, press shift and select the last one, and delete them all at once.

-Christophe

NI Vision R&D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,761 Views)

-I don't get the dialog box for the system variable which are duplicate.

-My variables are not network shared.

-The inspection I import has been created with a different machine.

-Variables have the same name and the same type.

-I also use inspection variables

You can find in attachement 2 inspections and an image showing my issue.

You have to open prog2.vbai (this program contain 2 system variables StatsL01 and StatsL02).

You import the program statVBAI2010.vbai (this program contain 70 system variables StatsL01..... StatsL70)

You open the variable manager and it should be like the picture I send you.

Best regards,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,750 Views)