From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clsernat.dll x64?

Solved!
Go to solution

@xenon35 wrote:

Hello,

I have a very similar problem. I am running a Windows 7 - 64 bits, and I tried to install IMAQ4.6.4 (doawnloaded from niserver).

The installed dll are 32 bits versions, i.e.:

C:\Windows\system32>dumpbin "C:\Windows\System32\clsernat.dll" /HEADERS

FILE HEADER VALUES
14C machine (x86)
5 number of sections
4F1A7098 time date stamp Sat Jan 21 09:00:24 2012

Idem with imaq.dll, etc...
What is the right way to force 64 bits dll to be installed on 64 bits system ?

Anything installed in the system32 directory on a 64-bit machine is a 64-bit DLL. My guess is that you are using a 32-bit version of the dumpbin executable. Windows uses filesystem virtualization to make it appear to 32-bit processes that all the DLLs in System32 are 32-bit ones when in fact it redirects all access to the SysWoW64 directory. 

I believe Visual Studio installs x64 versions of the dumpbin utilities as well, so if you run that you should see the right DLLs. Additionally you could copy the DLLs to another location that it not virtualized.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,167 Views)

henryz, can you provide these VIs (that link to the clsernat.dll)?

I am also trying to create 64-bit compatible versions (starting with the 32-bit clallserial.dll) and a few of the function names changed.  For instance, does clGetManufacturerInfo (from the clsernat.dll) have the same format as clGetPortInfo (from the clallserial.dll)?

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(571 Views)

hello BruceMoyer

what is the driver or software that you are trying to use?

regards  

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(554 Views)

I think I was pretty clear. 

I am trying to create 64-bit VIs that communicate to a camera/frame grabber via the low-level Camera Link DLL calls (clsernat.dll)

I have a version that is 32-bit, but there are a couple of functions where the names have changed.  Right now my only issue is the clGetManufacturerInfo call.  Not a biggy, but I don't know the format of the call.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(540 Views)