Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

choose a good sensor for industrial vision

Hi,

I am in internship and my job is to automate a test bench by detecting LED and analyse their colour. I can work on direct video or on photos (I chose to work on photos). For that, I have to fix a cam on the bench. I have severals constraint :

I need a high resolution camera

I need a wide angle lens (to put the camera as close as I can)

I need to see an object clearly at a distance of approximately 20cm (adjustable focus if possible)

and of course a colour camera.

I use NI vision builder for automated inspection.

I saw that NI made camera : http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/fr/nid/210028

do you think it could match my requirements? If not, can you advise me about other existing products?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,630 Views)

Hi

It would be good if you clearly mention what kind of camera are you looking for a smart camera or normal pc based camera?

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,629 Views)

normal pc based camera^^

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,626 Views)

Hi

If its PC Based then i can recommend you to go for BASLER or Matrix Vision GigE CCD Cameras. Would you like exact serial number.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,616 Views)

ah yes, if you have a link to the features It would be very nice.

Thanks a lot !!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,611 Views)

Hi

For Matrix Vision- mvBlueCOUGAR - x124 2MP Camera - Other MV Cameras 

For Basler - acA1600-20gc - Other basler cameras

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,604 Views)

Thank you very much for your time your informations were very useful, I forgot to say that I need a 5Mpx resolution but I saw some in your links.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,595 Views)

Oh I just saw that I had a problem. I am doing test with different brightness and when I put a light source on the card I see a huge white zone with the camera and the identification is impossible.

I actually use a webcam, I would like to know that if I will have the same problem with the camera you linked me? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,594 Views)

Hello,

For the choice of the camera, there's a lot of other brands, have a look at SVS-VISTEK EVO4050MFLGEA

Then for your illumination problem, I think that it's nothing to see with the camera but with light. You probably see a reflection, so you have to take care of the way you illuminate your product.

To avoid reflection, you can change the position of your light source or you can try with polarizing filters.

Regards

Bonne bidouille

NTA_LabView_certified_Developper.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,588 Views)

Thank you for advising me this product, I found also the SVS-ECO655CVGE which might be better for what I need.

Thank all of you for your time and knowledge

see you next time for another fiddling 😉

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,574 Views)