Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find vision acquisition express VI in control palette

guangli wrote: 

Muks, Thank you for asking! 

No, I just want to get the template in first shot from UAB Cam. Then I will get static image per minute(example) from USB Cam. I will search template in these static images right after I got one. I will tell the position when I find the template. Actually, the template is only one point with some stuff, like braiding point with braids. After I get the position, I will decide to tell how the motor move.

can it be done in this way
1. You create a template.
2. The position accuracy you determine by thresholding and particle analysis.
3. You apply the template to see the match.

Hi, Muks,
I checked my code again. 
For 1,3 you mentioned, I may try to build a template and open it from folder later.
For 2, like the figure I attached in last post. The braiding point is made by 16 or 32 braids which are surround a cylinder. So the point is real a pattern, which is 3D pattern . We suppose it is a point in planar image using Camera. I am able to find the template when i use "file dialog" vi's. That's for saving and opening  images manually.
I want to grab a image, find template in this image and then go to next image.
My problem kind of is that I cannot operate on the image which just grabbed from USB cam. I don't want to save image, open it and then process it. That will spend a long time.
I am trying to install LV 8.0 now.  I may attach my code later. 
My English is not very good. I may mislead some point. Please feel free to take a quick look at my web page file. You may find my problem.  
 Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 45
(1,346 Views)

My problem kind of is that I cannot operate on the image which just grabbed from USB cam. I don't want to save image, open it and then process it. That will spend a long time.
My take on your vi attached.

1. why are yoiu using a sequence structure?

You have a case structure inside each sequence. That will not mean the vi will stop for you to press the selection button.

when you press run if no button is pressed then automatically the vi will run through each of the false cases in your vi. Right?

2. If you just want pattern matching to be done then put the pattern matching vi next to image aquire. Remove all unneccasry sequences and cases.

Message 42 of 45
(1,318 Views)
Have you solved it?
Message 43 of 45
(1,304 Views)

muks wrote:
Have you solved it?

Hi, Muks,
Sorry to answer you later. yesterday, here is Martin Luther King holiday. I cannot get my desktop back. So, I will try to get  rid of sequence structure today and give me my result.
Thank you very much! 

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 45
(1,302 Views)

muks wrote:

Myproblem kind of is that I cannot operate on the image which justgrabbed from USB cam. I don't want to save image, open it and thenprocess it. That will spend a long time.
My take on your vi attached.

1. why are yoiu using a sequence structure?

You have a case structure inside each sequence. That will not mean the vi will stop for you to press the selection button.

when you press run if no button is pressed then automatically the vi will run through each of the false cases in your vi. Right?

2. If you just want pattern matching to be done then put the pattern matching vi next to image aquire. Remove all unneccasry sequences and cases.

Thank you very much for your response! Yes, what you said is really my problem. I try to delete sequence and cases structures now. I also see ECHo's code. It also point out my problem. I will work on it. I'm able to search the template now. I still need to figure out how to get the position of Centroid. Anyway, thank you very much! Have a good day!
Guangli  

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 45
(1,292 Views)