From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find vision acquisition express VI in control palette

That is expected. You cant process the rgb image using greyscale processing functions. First if your image is a jpg image use

In the menu

Color-->Color plane extraction-->Extract luminance.

Now you can proceed with your grayscale processing.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 45
(1,320 Views)
I did thresholding and particle filter to sort the coins . I thought of using golden template also to sort them so that i can use reference images (say images of two sides of a coin). But how do i implement them to differentiate btwn size and diameter of all coins (say 1Re, 2 Rs, 25Ps etc)?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 45
(1,317 Views)
I did thresholding and particle filter to sort the coins . I thought of using golden template also to sort them so that i can use reference images (say images of two sides of a coin). But how do i implement them to differentiate btwn size and diameter of all coins (say 1Re, 2 Rs, 25Ps etc)?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 45
(1,310 Views)

Parvathi wrote:

when you are talking about golden template or pattern matchin, It means you are trying to identify or see whether certain things are present or not and not measuring!!!

You can identify the object extract them and then you have measure them using functions like caliper or circle detection. Play around with these functions in vision assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 45
(1,308 Views)

i thought of using just golden template because i need to sort the coins based on its features and dont want to measure the size . So should i go with pattern matching ??

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 45
(1,304 Views)

based on its features
What features? If the feature is like diameter then you have to measure right?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 45
(1,301 Views)
Can you post some images and explain the features that u want to measure?
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 45
(1,300 Views)
what if i just check the patterns and sort them. The image captured from the USB camera must be compared with the two sides of coins(1 Re,2Rs, 25Ps etc). Can golden template hold many reff images ?
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 45
(1,297 Views)

you can simply sort by the rhino, lions and small lions using them as templates.

If you dont want to measure them.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 45
(1,295 Views)

but i also want to measure the diameter to distinguish between a 50Ps coin and a 25 Ps coin.

and also the thickness to differentiate a 50Ps coin and a 5Rs coin . I'm confused how to implement it in a VI

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 45
(1,293 Views)