Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find vision acquisition express VI in control palette

I'm not able to find Vision Acquisition Express VI in the control pallette . I tried re-installing the evaluatiin CD also .
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 45
(4,721 Views)
You nead to install Vision development module (VDM). Did you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45
(4,716 Views)
Which version of VDM and which version of labview have you installed?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45
(4,713 Views)

I need to implemet a coin sorter. I want to compare two images using pattern matching, One image already acquired using the USB camera and the other is the original image of coin.I need to sort them regarding their size, diameter and thickness using a single camera. how can i go about it ?

In the hope that you will reply and not start a new thread once again....................

You can extract the whole coin using thresholding and then using particle filter you can sort them with respect to their size and diameter. thickness can also be measured but it will be a realtive one since you want to use a single camera. Keeping the camera tilted at an angle and ensuring very good positional accuracy of the object (Coin), it can be measured.Post back if you are stuck.

AND STICK TO THIS THREAD!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45
(4,707 Views)

Hi, Muks,

I'm so interested in what you talked about. Do you mind if i ask the similar question here?

For coin sort, can we just use pattern matching 2 to compare the two images of coins? Sometimes, we may get the image of coins from USB Camera first, learn the template and compare the images of coins later? 

Really appreciate it.

Guangli 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(4,684 Views)

guangli wrote:

Hi, Muks,

I'm so interested in what you talked about. Do you mind if i ask the similar question here?

For coin sort, can we just use pattern matching 2 to compare the two images of coins? Sometimes, we may get the image of coins from USB Camera first, learn the template and compare the images of coins later? 

Really appreciate it.

Guangli 

Sorting with respect to size and dimension will not be possible by only pattern matching. In fact when it come to measuring you have to ensure that the area of intrest (COIN) covers the maximum area in the image as much as possible. This wil make sure you dont waste pixels. Distinguishing the coins wrt to some mark can be done in pattern matching. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 45
(4,659 Views)

I'm unable to run the vision assistant express VI. It says.." Vision assistant requires a minimun resolution of 1024x768.

I tried changing the screen resolution , even then its not working

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45
(4,655 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45
(4,652 Views)
thanks!, now its working
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(4,649 Views)
I am not able to do any functions here on vision assistant. It says "the type of image is RGB(32bit)". Even Grayscale>>LUT>>equalise is not working
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45
(4,648 Views)