From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

avi Write2 function "freezes" computer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to run four cameras through the PCIe-8244 USB3.0 frame grabber and collect videos from all of them independently. This is proving to be an extremely difficult task. (LabVIEW 2013)

So far I have IMAQdx working fine for two cameras to display to the front panel. However as soon as I try to record, I cannot press any other controls on the front panel, which makes starting the recording of other cameras impossible, below is a pic of what is running. I have tried putting the avi Write2 function in timed loops or just with timers and in either case I can only gather one video at a time. However the cameras are still running in their independent loops without an issue. The timed loops shown are initiated through an event structure by a record button in the camera's independent capture loop.

Attached is the code in question, please ignore my attempts at debugging indicators.

I do plan on expanding this to the full four cameras that PCIe-8244 supports.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,127 Views)
Solution
Accepted by rohrs2

I might guess that running the AVI code within the event loop causes the code to run withing the UI thread, preventing access to the controls while the code executes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,117 Views)

It seems you were right! I removed the event structure and replaced it with a while loop that waits for record control to be TRUE before moving on to the avi Write2 timed loop.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,102 Views)