Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autofocus

how can I use vision libraries to create a autofocus algorithm for an image acquired with a microscope?

thank you very much

fulvio coppola
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,110 Views)
I think autofocus has been discussed a few times before.  You might want to search for more detailed responses.

The simplest method is using one of the edge detection routines followed by a quantify image.  The standard deviation of the edges gives you a great focus indicator:  The larger the value, the better the focus.

The difficulty with a microscope is that frequently there are several layers that come into focus at different time.  This focus indicator gives you a peak at each layer.

Coordinating the focus indicator with control of the focus is a little more challenging.  You need to scan the possible focus range and find the largest value of the focus indicator, then repeat with a finer motion control.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 2 of 6
(6,104 Views)
thank you very much

best regards

fulvio coppola
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,089 Views)

Hello,

I consider myself a newbie with LabView, but I hope I can get some answers.  Here it goes.

I have a measuring microscope with X & Y stages driven by drive motors.  The CCD camera and objective lens assembly are mounted on a stage with the focus (Z-stage) and magnification stage driven by step motors.

My objectives are the following:

-Add autofocusing capability to my existing VI, such that the image will focus on a user selected region of interest (ROI).

-Calculate the depth between two part features that appear in separate ROIs.  

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Closeup_Microscope.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,704 Views)
It is not going to help if you are going to leave a message in a lot of threads. It is just going to delay you in getting a proper response. Stick to a single thread.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,691 Views)
Continued here. And please keep everything in that thread only
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,675 Views)