Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquire and compare 2 images with a camera

Hey, i am working on an Image processing Project.

I want to take two Pictures with the camera and compare them. ich there are difference, i have to Highlight them.

First i want to Segment both Pictures into several Blocks and compare every block of each Pictures. I have a VI which can Segment a Picture into several Blocks, i will like to use it for two Pictures. can someone please help me to integrate the sencond Image as input, so that i can just compare the blocks?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,310 Views)

Hi moidrissou,

the short answer is that you can make this as complex as you like, but a very primitive version would be to load the second picture, divide them is as many parts as the first  one, and then simpyl substract them. if it reaches a certain threshold you would mark it. But this approach works only for similar pictures. if the images do not look alike a lot, then you have to think of some feature recognition instead.

But the simple code is added here.

substract.png

Cheers,

Niko

Niko NR
Systems Engineer, National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,246 Views)

Hey,

Thank you for your reply. i will try to integrate it in my VI.

1) I want to know if there are any literatures i can use to compare two Images taken from camera at different times (t1 and t2) and highligh the parts of the seconds Images which are differents. which algorithm can i use to do this.

2) secondly if the Color of the second Image has changed, how can i recognised it.

3) Please if someone has an idea how i can developp it, just help me. I will like to recognise any Change: if a part of the new Image is missing, or if its Color (Contrast ?) is different.

The VI i have developped until now just tells me with a boolean Output if both Images (t1 and t2) are the same or no. now i want to Show the parts of the new Image which are different. after that i will compare the Color. may be you can give me so algorithm to use.

Thanks for your replies.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,231 Views)