Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiener Filter

Dear All, 

I'm trying to develop a wiener filter with motion PSF, a search on the labview website found this :http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13702

which is Gaussian blur correction. therefore it will be good starting point for me to understand how the program/math  works in labview implemtation  before I start developing a motion blur PSF.  However, I'm struggling to understand the fourier transform of the Gaussian function. ( f=exp(-2*(s**2)*PI2*((i-X/2)**2+(j-Y/2)**2)/(X*Y)). I have been trying to look for book and article on how to convert a 2D Gaussian function in spatial domain to frequency domain, but I couldn’t find one that could derive the equation to the author’s equation.

Is there an expert or someone who has done this before to kindly shed some light on derivation of 2D fourier transform of Gaussian.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,991 Views)

You're in luck -- the Fourier Transform of a Gaussian function is also a Gaussian.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,976 Views)

Hi GregS

Manage to find this fourier transform of 2D gaussian  : 

\begin{displaymath}
H(u,v) = 2 \pi \sigma_x \sigma_y [e^{-2 \pi^2[u^2 \sigma_x^2 + v^2 \sigma_y^2]}
\end{displaymath}

However, what confuse me is the division of (X*Y) from the aurthor's equation: 

f=exp(-2*(s**2)*PI2*((i-X/2)**2+(j-Y/2)**2)/(X*Y));

I could understand the (i-X/2) and (j-Y/2) part but not the division of X*Y

Please advice 

Thanks

Carl

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,968 Views)

Hi

I think understand what is going on, the division of XY is due the Discrete transofrm formula Smiley Happy 

However what does the condition below for ? 

if (f1>1E15)f1=0;

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,955 Views)

@CARLCTM wrote:

However what does the condition below for ? 

if (f1>1E15)f1=0;

Looks like a slightly messy way to make sure we haven't just divided by zero (or close to zero).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,944 Views)