Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it that when you shutdown the computer completely, the hardware/software messes up the display of the image and you have to reinstall the software?

Here's the scoop:

After installng the software, then the hardware correctly, everything works perfect. However, if you shutdown the computer and then restart it, acquire an image, it either gives you an illegal error, or the image is fuzzy. The only solution to this problem that I've found is to reinstall the software again, allow it to restart, and then it works perfect. We won't want to leave the computer on all the time and then have to reinstall the program if the computer is shutdown.

Do you know of any solution to this? Please let me know.

Also, after installing the new driver for the car
d, I can no longer save my images. I hit the Play button to display. Then hit it again to grab it. Then I try to save it and it gives me an illegal operation error. Let me know if these two or related or if you know how to fix this. Thank you.

Jeff Hammontree
jhammont@watlow.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,124 Views)
Jeff,

This sounds like an unusual problem. You need to be a little more specific, though.

What hardware, software, operating system, etc. are you using?

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,124 Views)
This is just an addition to the problem above. It's more clarified.

Operating System: Windows 95
Software: IMAQ Vision Builder 5.0
Hardware: IMAQ PCI/PXI - 1411 Driver: 2.5

Upon purchase (Before Dec 2000) the hardware driver was version 2.2.1 (12-8-1999). From the beginning, everytime we shutdown the computer and restart, we cannot aquire an image. The image is either full of noise, lines, or black fuzz. If we reinstall the software and allow it to restart, it begins to work again. We called you guys earlier and you said that you were working on a new driver. Just a few days ago I downloaded the new driver (2.5). Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. We still have the same problem, and a new problem to go with it. When it works (after reinstalling), if you w
ant to save an image after you've snapped it, it will give you an illegal operation.

Let me know if you need anything else to help clarify the problem.

Thank you,

Jeff Hammontree
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,124 Views)
Hi Jeff,

This is a strange problem. There aren't any compatiblity issues with Win95 and IMAQ, so this conflict is probably specific to this machine.

However, to answer your question on why you are getting an illegal operation when saving an image. This is due to a small compatiblity issue with IMAQ 2.5 and Vision Builder 5. But don't worry, the fix is easy. Please take a look at
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/d18d3d237c88ac99862569d0005ee44c?OpenDocument

This is a start at least. Please feel free to contact National Instruments Technical support at 512-795-8248.

Thanks,
Ken Sun
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,124 Views)