Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with this error?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have the following error when building an exe from my LV project:

An error occurred while saving the following file:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\vision\driver\IMAQdx.llb\IMAQdx.vi

Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Save.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

Can you suggest a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,876 Views)

IMAQdx.vi is a VI that contains all the VIs from the dx llb. It is basically like a palette VI. It is broken, because required inputs are not connected. This VI is not meant to be called directly (you can't access it through the LabVIEW palette).

You should not call it nor include it in your project. If included in the build specification, LabVIEW complains that the VI is broken. Remove it from the build specs, and it should fix the problem.

-Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,858 Views)

Thanks Christophe

I actually never called Imaqdx.vi nor included it in my project -it simply popped up the first time I tried to create an executable of my project. I'll look for reference to the vi tomorrow and post a reply. Thanks

Message 3 of 12
(4,858 Views)

No Joy, I checked my project files and Imaqdx.vi is definitely not there, only under dependencies. I also mass -compiled the whole dev system because I have updaded to 2010f2. Still no joy.

Message 4 of 12
(4,842 Views)

Right click on the VI in the dependencies, and select Find>>Callers to see who has a direct dependency to it.

Message 5 of 12
(4,840 Views)

It's actually the Imaqdx.dll that's listed in the dependencies, and this points at all the Imaqdx functions (Open Camera.vi, etc). The Imaqdx.vi itself is not listed, but the error always lists Imaqdx.vi as the error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,838 Views)

I have the same problem. My project only calls certain imaqdx functions and not imaqdx.vi itself and yet the builder keeps erroring out while listing a bad imaqdx.vi as the cause.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,474 Views)

Thanks Christophe. I have not called IMAQdx directly in my project, and have checked that it is not mentioned anywhere in the project. I have temporally included all the debugging options in the build in order to overcome the problem, but this increases the size of the exe by more than double, to 59MB.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,470 Views)

Hi Alan,

There are a couple other fixes that we can try so that your executable size doesn't increase by so much. In particular, try unchecking Disconnect type definitions and Remove unused members of project libraries under the Additional Exclusions category. These changes will still increase the size of your executable but hopefully by not as much. Let us know what happens.

Paul M

National Instruments | Applications Engineer | www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,452 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alan@pworx

Hi,

I had the same problem and I Remove unused members of project librariesunder the Additional Exclusions category and it works for me!

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,157 Views)