Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition doesn't connect to 1394 cameras but MAX does.

I have been using VBAI software and we now want to convert to Vision Acquisition through LabView. We have LabView 8.5.

VBAI 2009 sp1 and Max work fine but we want to use the Vision Acquisition CD that came with the VBAI package and move our system and HMI to the next level.

We don't get a licence error when we try to connect to the camera using the Vision Acquisition function in LabView. It correctly displays the devices (cameras) on the left side of the window but when I click on a device I get a red "X" on the device with no error informstion.

What licencing do we need or what configuration steps am I missing?

Sincerely,

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,545 Views)

This usually means the Vision Acquisition is not licensed. The next version of the Express VI will explictly say this in the error message. Go to Start>>Programs>>National Instruments>>NI License Manager to check on the license status of the IMAQdx driver.

You can try using the shipping example for IMAQdx to do a simple grab and look at the error cluster to get more detailed information. MAX and VBAI do acquistions differently so that's why they may work and using the driver directly doesn't.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,543 Views)