From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition creating problems with webcam

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, i have installed an evaluation copy of the Vision Acquisition software along with the Vision Assistant. The problem is that after installing NIs USB camera plug-in http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5030 it does take a picture once, but than it stops detecting the camera and not only that, the camera is not detected by my laptop. I am using LabVIEW 8.6 with Windows 7 on a Compaq Presario V3000 Laptop.

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,330 Views)

If you're using a current version of Vision Acquisition Software (2009 or later), you don't need to use the IMAQ for USB add-on you referred to.  Instead, use the NI-IMAQdx driver which installed with Vision Acquisition Software.    If you look in Measurement & Automation Explorer, you should see your USB camera under Devices and Interfaces»NI-IMAQdx Devices.  You should also be able to find LabVIEW examples through the Example Finder under Hardware Input and Output»IMAQdx»High-Level.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,308 Views)

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Can i use Vision Acquisition 2009 with LabVIEW 8.6?

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,290 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wond3rboy

@wond3rboy wrote:

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Can i use Vision Acquisition 2009 with LabVIEW 8.6?

Yes, is seems to be you can:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B55FF09D1FBD3108625719600650B7C

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/244E6DDF9A92A6CD8625730100629047

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,288 Views)

I have installed Vision Assistant 2010 evaluation version only. I am running it on Asus EEE PC, with Windows 7 OS.  Whenever I try to acquire images with my USB camera, I get an error that I don't have IMAQ drivers installed, and I can't acquire any images. I have tried installing the driver ni_imaq_usb_installer86.exe, but this driver hasn't installed at all on my system. Does that mean I have to install the Image Acquisition 2010 software as well as Vision Assistant for the USB camera to function properly? Or do I have to do something else?

Please give me a step-by step instruction, as I'm fairly new to Windows 7

Thanks for your help,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,723 Views)

Hi Yuri:

USB camera support is now included in the NI-IMAQdx driver.  The IMAQ for USB driver only installs support for 8.6 hence the version number in the installer.  To install the NI-IMAQdx driver, download Vision Acquisition Software 2010 and run the installer.  Just be aware that NI-IMAQdx requires a license although you can use it in evaluation mode for 30 days.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,719 Views)

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your suggestion. It works perfectly and now I can acquire images from my webcam.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,655 Views)