Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition creating problems with webcam

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, i have installed an evaluation copy of the Vision Acquisition software along with the Vision Assistant. The problem is that after installing NIs USB camera plug-in http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5030 it does take a picture once, but than it stops detecting the camera and not only that, the camera is not detected by my laptop. I am using LabVIEW 8.6 with Windows 7 on a Compaq Presario V3000 Laptop.

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,336 Views)

If you're using a current version of Vision Acquisition Software (2009 or later), you don't need to use the IMAQ for USB add-on you referred to.  Instead, use the NI-IMAQdx driver which installed with Vision Acquisition Software.    If you look in Measurement & Automation Explorer, you should see your USB camera under Devices and Interfaces»NI-IMAQdx Devices.  You should also be able to find LabVIEW examples through the Example Finder under Hardware Input and Output»IMAQdx»High-Level.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,314 Views)

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Can i use Vision Acquisition 2009 with LabVIEW 8.6?

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,296 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wond3rboy

@wond3rboy wrote:

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Can i use Vision Acquisition 2009 with LabVIEW 8.6?

Yes, is seems to be you can:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B55FF09D1FBD3108625719600650B7C

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/244E6DDF9A92A6CD8625730100629047

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,294 Views)

I have installed Vision Assistant 2010 evaluation version only. I am running it on Asus EEE PC, with Windows 7 OS.  Whenever I try to acquire images with my USB camera, I get an error that I don't have IMAQ drivers installed, and I can't acquire any images. I have tried installing the driver ni_imaq_usb_installer86.exe, but this driver hasn't installed at all on my system. Does that mean I have to install the Image Acquisition 2010 software as well as Vision Assistant for the USB camera to function properly? Or do I have to do something else?

Please give me a step-by step instruction, as I'm fairly new to Windows 7

Thanks for your help,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,729 Views)

Hi Yuri:

USB camera support is now included in the NI-IMAQdx driver.  The IMAQ for USB driver only installs support for 8.6 hence the version number in the installer.  To install the NI-IMAQdx driver, download Vision Acquisition Software 2010 and run the installer.  Just be aware that NI-IMAQdx requires a license although you can use it in evaluation mode for 30 days.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,725 Views)

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your suggestion. It works perfectly and now I can acquire images from my webcam.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,661 Views)