Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI2015 and Ethernet IP

I have tried to using the EthernetIP function to communicate with PLC, OMRON CJ2M-CPU33.

Regarding with the white paper introduce to connect through eds file.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13579/en/

It cannot work with VBAI 2015, but it work with VBAI 2011.

Any person can suggest, Please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,527 Views)

Hey ssg_vision,

Is there a particular part that you are getting stuck on? What exactly is the problem that you are having? Are you getting an error? I noticed that the whitepaper hasn't been updated in awhile, so some of the instructions may look different. Can you please post screenshots of the different steps that you have gone through?

Regards,

Alyssa H.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,486 Views)

Hi Alyssa

Thanks for your mail.

It seem the eds file, that using for acknowledged the NI device to Omron PLC have not update,

It have worked well with VBAI 2011, But it cannot works with VBAI 2013 and VBAI2015.

Do you have the update eds file.

Best Regards

SSG Vision

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,481 Views)

Hey ssg_vision,

Unfortunately, there is not currently an updated EDS file. Is there a particular reason why you need to use VBAI 2015? If so, it may be beneficial to open a service request and (while I can't guarantee anything), they may be able to create a new one for you. However, this would depend on a lot of different factors, so again, I can't promise anything. But if you need to use VBAI 2015 with your PLC, I would recommend opening a service request with our Technical Support team and seeing if they can assist you.

Regards,

Alyssa H.

National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(2,469 Views)