Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI - How to set color of Numeric Indicator/Numeric Control in Custom Inspection Interface?

I am using VBAI 2010. I am building a custom inspection interface wherein I create a few numeric indicators to show the results of my inspection.

How to I set the background of the numeric indicator? For example, if the value of the numeric indicator is below a certain number, its background should be RED. I know how to do this in Configuration Interface (using Custom Overlay), but I do not know how to do it in a Custom Inspection Interface.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,551 Views)

To change properties of the UI controls, you will need to do this in LabVIEW with property nodes of the controls. The built-in Custom UI Editor does not provide a way to programmatically change properties of the controls, just create the UI and set/get the values of the controls. You can save the Custom UI to disk and edit in LV to use property nodes of the controls. Then in the Custom UI Step, make sure to check the box at the top that says "Run the VI after updating indicators". Here is a simple VI that changes the background when the numeric is below a value of 5.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,550 Views)