From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI Custom LabVIEW Interface minimum size limit

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a LabVIEW VI selected as my custom VBAI interface.  I intend to run VBAI on a PC that is also running an executable (developed in LabVIEW).  Both the executable and VBAI have GUIs that must remain visible during operation.  With limited screen real estate, I am trying to make the VBAI interface just a bit smaller, but I seem to be running in to some sort of minimum window size limitation.  When I resize the VBAI window it pops back to a larger size.  I have not defined any such restriction on the LabVIEW VI that is being used by VBAI, so this must be a restriction in VBAI itself.

1. Can I change the minimum size?
  2. If it is not changeable, is it published somewhere in the documentation?  What is the minimum window size?

Thanks,

Dan Press

PrimeTest Automation

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Photon_Dan

Hello Dan,

VBAI does have a minimum resolution of 1024x768 minus one strip at the bottom for the tool bar and unfortunately you cannot change the minimum size for VBAI. Let me know if this answers your question!

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
Message 2 of 4
(3,361 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  That answers my question.  Of course, that leads to the feature request for future version that we should be allowed to make smaller interfaces if we want.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,356 Views)

Hello Dan,

I've already filed a product suggestion on your behalf and hopefully it will be addressed in future releases of VBAI.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,336 Views)