Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using OpenCV library in LabVIEW

Hi, Bongchan,

The easiest way is to split the color image  to separate color planes, process them individually as gray images (you can also apply different kernels to different channels), and the join channels back to the color image.

Andrey. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 49
(10,513 Views)
It should be mentioned at this point that the example provided was built against OpenCV 1.0, and thus you should have that version of the library installed if you want to play with this.  If you want to use it with the most current versions of OpenCV (2.0a as of today), you will need to recompile the DLLs against the new library.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 49
(9,833 Views)

hi all,

i am santosh from coimbatore,india. I have a open cv iplimage(grabbed from my pointgrey camera). i want to send that image to labview and display it there in labview. I tried it using a dll call in labview. i am sending the pointer imagedata and i read it in labview. But i get some value in labview ,i am unable to get the original image. Is there any thing wrong in what i am doing. please suggest

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 49
(8,809 Views)

excuse me ,where could I find the file "utility.h"? I am using labview2009, and I have installed VDM2009 and VAS2009.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 49
(8,310 Views)

Hi Andrey Dmitriev:

When I open  Convolution Test DLL.c  and Convolution Test DLL.h  in Labview CVI , then creat DLL

and show error 

"cxtypes.h"(205,12) syntax error; found 'int' expecting ';'.

"cxtypes.h"(232,12) syntax error; found 'int' expecting ';'. .....

how can I fix those bugs!

Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 49
(8,255 Views)

@joseph.chen wrote:

Hi Andrey Dmitriev:

When I open  Convolution Test DLL.c  and Convolution Test DLL.h  in Labview CVI , then creat DLL

and show error 

"cxtypes.h"(205,12) syntax error; found 'int' expecting ';'.

"cxtypes.h"(232,12) syntax error; found 'int' expecting ';'. .....

how can I fix those bugs!

Thank you so much!!

It seems to be that CVI doesn't support inline statement. Try to remove CV_INLINE, or, better, see how its defined - you can redefine this definition to avoid inlining.

By the way - its not bug - its how CVI support C standard. As far as I remember inlining is a part of C99 standard, and CVI support pure ANSI C (may be I'm wrong).

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 49
(8,249 Views)

In addition to previous post - you can also try to enable "Build with C99 extension" option in Build Options (can't check it because haven't CVI in my hands right now)

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 49
(8,247 Views)

I'm using OpenCV with VC++. My question is, after installing opencv, how do u configure labview with opencv to start programming?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 49
(8,236 Views)

@Naveen Iyer wrote:

I'm using OpenCV with VC++. My question is, after installing opencv, how do u configure labview with opencv to start programming?

You don't need to "configure" LabVIEW for start programming. In VC++ you have to prepare DLL (something like Wrapper) where you will use OpenCV functions, then you can call this DLL from LabVIEW. Read Message 2 in this topic.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 49
(8,232 Views)

Dear Andrey

If you have a RGB image in LabView.

Then how can you use this RGB image in OpenCV codes?

1.JPG

I want to use this image as follow:

CVImageDst = cvCreateImageHeader(cvSize(LVWidth,LVHeight), IPL_DEPTH_8U, 3); //3 Channels

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 49
(8,223 Views)