cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 50 pin I/Os on PCIe-1473R cameralink board

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, dear all,

I am wondering if there is the pinout map of the 50 pin I/O on the PCIe-1473R cameralink frame grabber.

Although there is a extension board could attach the card (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372736b.pdf), I wan to directly connect the 50 pin out instead buying another card since we just simply want to use the DIOs.

Thanks.

Best.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,539 Views)

I do have the same question !  
can't find any related document  :'( :'(

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,523 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cychang0829

Because this is a proprietary connection meant for internal use with the specific I/O extension board, I am pretty sure the pin-out is not documented anywhere. I'd also have concerns about using the I/O directly as the circuits were not designed for direct use and may not have much in the way of protection against damaging the board like most external I/O signals have. There is a chance you could damage the board as a result.

Message 3 of 4
(2,515 Views)

I am using this card with the connection board for a while (hundreds of tools in the field since 2012).

The FPGA card is very expensive. The I/O board is relatively cheap.

The I/O board has protections on the I/O.

It is fairly good design. We don't get many issues that make us change the cards in the field.

By design we are not connecting to the I/O on the FPGA board (I/O 0). That way we keep the FPGA card protected.

Amit Shachaf
Message 4 of 4
(2,506 Views)