cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB camera program EXE running error, IMAQ sub VI not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hallo, Regina,

Thank you for trying the EXE for me. The idea of replacing the camera data acquisition with a normal picture sounds very good. I will try that later when I have time.

Today I tries generating an Installer for this program. The first time I left the "additional installers" default and generated an installer, which was still not excutable after installing. The second time I added three additional installers manually "NI Vision Commen Resources 2010 SP1", "NI IMAQ 4.5.0" and "NI IMAQdx 3.7" (Please see the attached file) and generated the installer again. The exe is excutable now after the new installer is installed.

I would call it a good progress. So I think it is quire sure that some required VIs from these three packages were missing earlier. And the program can not be excuted without these additinal installers.

Now I have one further question. As I know, LabView 2010 Run Time Engine is free of charge and does not need to be activated. But NI Vision Run-Time Engin is not a freeware but has a certain amout of cost. My question is, are the other 3 additional installers which I marked with red frames free of charge? or do the users have to purchase them?

Thanks a lot got the help! Sincerely wish you a nice Eastern holiday!

Regards!

Liang 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,207 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author iamluliang

Hi Liang,

I am happy to hear that your Exe is working now.

You are right. The LabVIEW Runtime Engine is free of charge but the Vision Runtime Engine not.

Regadring the Drivers: the IMAQ is free of charge and the IMAQdx will cost you some money. For one camera you will only need one of these two drivers.

Which driver you need depends on the type of camera. For example if you use a Camera Link camera you will need the free IMAQ driver.

For detailed information about that please have a look at the following Link:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/de/nid/12892

The NI Vision common resources come along with the Vision software you installed so you don't have to additionally care about any Licences.

Let me know if I can do anything else for youl.

Best Regards

Regina

National Instruments

AE Germany

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,202 Views)

Hello, Regina, thank you very much for your quick and warm help!

So now I can show my chef the result and I will inform him about the add-on packages. 🙂

I will note you again when I have tried the installer on more computers.

Best regards!

Liang

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,200 Views)