cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB camera program EXE running error, IMAQ sub VI not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, dear guys and board managers,

I am a new engineer in Germany. Recently I've converted a USB camera program which is used to read barcode matrix image from LabVIEW 7.1 version to LabVIEW 2010 version, with LabVIEW 2010, Vision Development module, Vision Aquisition Software August 2010 installed.

The program runs well, and I generated an EXE to run the tool on computers without LabVIEW 2010 installed.

I installed LabVIEW 2010 Runtime Engine, Vision Runtime Engine(evaluation version), and VAS(evaluation version).

However, when I run this program, I always have this error, saying that " IMAQ Read Data Matrix Barcode 2" not found.

Would someone please be so nice to give me some suggestion? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,408 Views)

Hi,

Did you have a look at the following Link? (just for your additional Information)

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/USB-camera-program-EXE-running-error-IMAQ-sub-VI-not-found/m-...

Are you able to find "IMAQ Read Data Matrix Bracode 2" on your target PC?

Did the old exe based on LabVIEW 7.1 work? I guess the VI which is missing wasn't available in LabVIEW 7.1, so my question is, does the application work on LabVIEW 2010 Development System?

Which Version of Runtime Engine are you using? You must use Vision RTE 2010.

Does the EXE run on the development System? Did you build an installer? If not please try to do that, so you can bes sure that every dependency you require is copied to your target system.

Best Regards

Regina
AE Germany

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,385 Views)

Hallo, Regina,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, the link you provided is exactly the same topic as we are discussing. Maybe you have pasted the wrong link for me.  🙂

The original version of this USB camera program was written by a colleague based on LabVIEW 7.1 in year 2007. The program works well. The exe file of Version 7.1 works also well on computers with run time engine 7.1 and vision run time engine Installed, in combination with ni_imaq_usb_installer_86.exe also installed.

What I have done recently is to build a project in LabVIEW 2010 and generated an EXE file. I used another computer to run the executable file, where LabVIEW 2010 Runtime Engine, Vision Runtime Engine(evaluation version), and VAS(evaluation version) are installed. However, the error shown above occurs ever ytime when I double click the EXE file, and the file has never been successfully executed.

When I run this EXE on the computer where I developed it in LabVIEW 2010 environment, the EXE works perfectly well. This confuses me. I agree that there must be some part missing on the other computers without LabVIEW 2010 and Vision 2010 environment. But I don't know how to solve this annoying problem.

I hope I have made it more clear for you to understand my question. And I very much look forward to some further help. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,363 Views)

Hi,

Oh Sorry I made a misstake with that link but it is not important for this case.

The missing VI is a VI that is only available in newer Versions of the Vision Software.

So I guess you are not using the right Version of the Vison Runtime Engine. You have to use version 2010. Only with this Version you get the required VI.

Best Regards

Regina

Bational Instruments

AE Germany

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,353 Views)

I do have Vision Run Time Engine 2010 installed on this testing computer, please check this screen snap. But the same error occurs, saying that there is error loading the IMAQ Read Data Matrix Barcode 2. I realize that it says error in loading, not unfound. Which means that the Sub VI is still found, but there is error in loading this sub VI.

But I am still at the same position, I do not know how I can solve this problem. Thanks for the reply and help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,349 Views)

I just reinstalled the Vision Run Time Engine 2010 (evaluation version), and it still does not work. But the error is somehow slicely different.

Please check the attached screen shot.

I am wondering, is it because that I am using an evaluation version of Vision Run Time Engine?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,346 Views)

HI,

Would you please post your Exe, so that I can have a try on my own. I have got an activated version of the Runtime Engine.

If I receive the same error, then we would know that it is not because of the runtime engine.

Did you build an Installer? If you did, did you check that it includes every required resource?

Best Regards

Regina

National Instruments

AE Germany

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,324 Views)

Hallo, Regina, here is the exe file. I am not sure if you can run the exe file properly, as it might be a problem that you do not have the driver of the camera I am using. But it is worth trying. Thank you very much for your kind help!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,316 Views)

I did not build ainstaller. I've only built an EXE, maybe I should try the installer. I will let you know the result. Thanks for the advice!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,315 Views)

Hi,

I just tried your exe and I didn't get the message, but now the question is: when do you receive the message?

Because as you metioned I was not able to get any picture because I don't have a picture.

But I was able to try different things on the Frontpanel. Therefore generally the exe did work.

I also tried with deactivated Runtime Engine and deactivated Development Module.

To find out what the reason foor your Problem is: could you please change your application to use a picture in memory.

(Therefore remove the code part wich fetches a picture from camera and build a new EXE)

Even with these modifications you should see the error as well.

Then I can try the Exe again and tell you about the results.

Best Regards

Regina

National Instruments

AE Germany

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,308 Views)