From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with connecting Pleora iPORT CL-U3 to NI-MAX with IMAQdx drivers. Error 0xBFF6903E.

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a camera through a Pleora iPORT CL-U3 (i.e. USB 3 Vision) and I have the following problems:

In NI-MAX explorer, when I choose to associate the "iPORT-CL-U3-PT03-CL0UP04-128xU" with the "IMAQdx USB 3" drivers I get:

"

Error 0xBFF6903E

There was an error from the control interface of the USB3 Vision camera.

"

I have checked that:

the "NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device" is working in Device Manager and

the "USB3 Vision Driver" is working in "Software-->NI-IMAQdx 15.0-->Runtime 15.0.0" 

I can see the Pleora device in "Devices and Interfaces"

All the drivers mentioned above are up to date

Also, even though I get video using Pleora's player (using USB3 Vision Drivers (non-NI-IMAQ)) I still cannot connect to it in NI-MAX explorer (in this instance the device is shown as a "USB3 Vision Device", not as "iPORT-CL-U3-PT03-CL0UP04-128xU")

Do you have any ideas what I should try next? 

I am very new to Vision in Labview so please bear with me.

If you need any more information please do ask for it, I will be glad to oblige.

Thanks,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(7,073 Views)
Can you confirm with Pleora that you have their latest firmware? We have tested these units before and they do with with our drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(7,056 Views)

Hello BlueCheese, 

I confirmed I have the latest firmware from Pleora's website.

I also reinstalled the NI Vision drivers.

I checked my Device manager and I see properly the "NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device".

I still get the same error when try to select the Pleora device in NI-MAX (I have attached screenshot).

Do you have any more ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(7,039 Views)

What USB XHCI host controller are you using (and ideally what driver version)? You can find this under Device Manager. What version of Windows as well?

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(7,022 Views)

Are you using a USB 2.0 port? I have been able to reproduce this issue as described if the camera is plugged into a USB 2.0 port, but it seems to work fine when using a USB 3.0 port. I'm looking into what could be going wrong in this case with IMAQdx if it seems to work with Pleora's drivers.

Thanks,

Katie

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(7,011 Views)

@ BlueCheese

My xHCI host controller is the "USB Root Hub (xHCI)" with driver version "6.3.9600.18088" from Microsoft

I am running Windows 8.1 Pro

@kensign

After your prompting I checked and now I am sure I am connecting to a USB 3 port (both in terms of hardware and software). I have also double cheked I have the drivers for it up to date.

What I have seen that baffles me and I do not know if this is correct behaviour, is the following:

I cannot seem to get both "NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device" and "USB3 Vision devices" in device manager at the same time.

If I "Update Driver" on the "NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device" under "NI Vision Acquisition Devices", it will automatically install the "USB3 Vision Device" under "USB3 Vision devices" and I lose the "NI-IMAQdx ..." driver.

To get it back, I chose the IMAQdx driver from NI-MAX and I lose the "USB3 Vision Driver" in Device manager. (NB before choosing the driver in NI MAX I get the error 0xBFFF801D, i.e. "the selected device is not currently associated with the NI-IMAQdx driver").

Finally I cannot stress enough how valuable your help is and I thank you both for it!

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(7,000 Views)

CORRECTION:

Instead of:

If I "Update Driver" on the "NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device" under "NI Vision Acquisition Devices", it will automatically install the "USB3 Vision Device" under "USB3 Vision devices" and I lose the "NI-IMAQdx ..." driver.

When I install "USB3 Vision Device" drivers I lose the "NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device" under "NI Vision Acquisition Devices". (This does not happen when I update drivers on NI IMAQdx!! Sorry for the mistake)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(6,982 Views)

Hi Harry, 

The behavior that you are describing in Device Manager is expected. "USB3 Vision device" is the name associated with the Pleora driver, and "NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device" is the name associated with the NI driver. As you toggle which driver you're using in MAX, you should only see one or the other in Device Manager.

I had been using Windows 7 before, but since you said you were on Windows 8.1 I tried this device on a Windows 10 system. On that system with the Intel USB 3.0 controller (Microsoft driver), I saw the same behavior that you are describing.

When comparing the USB traffic between the Pleora driver and IMAQdx, I saw that IMAQdx has some additional logic for resetting the control interface of the device that seems to be tripping it up. I am contacting Pleora with my findings and hopefully we can work with them to find a solution. This issue is being tracked internally by CAR #562109.

Until I hear back from Pleora it's hard to know for sure what is causing this issue, but it might be worth trying this on Windows 7 if possible. There's no guarantee that it would work there, but we at least know that we've successfully used it on Windows 7 systems before.

Katie

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(6,968 Views)

Hi Katie, 

Thank you for your reply.

It is good that the drivers behaviour is normal, that is a load of my mind. 

I am still trying to get a hold of a Windows 7 machine to try this on but no luck (or time) so far.

I am very interested in your findings from Pleora, lets just hope that you will get a sensible answer from them.

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(6,930 Views)

A workaround has been found for this error with the invaluable help of the NI posters here.

Thanks Katie!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(6,775 Views)