From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Measurement & Automation application does not detect my USB camera

Hi, it's OP again.

It seems that I cannot use the IMAQ libraries with my USB camera. I’m still trying to make that motion detector but I have to use the IMAQ USB blocks instead. The thing is, most of the libraries that work with the IMAQ are not compatible with IMAQ USB and all the detectors I have found in the Internet use at least one of those blocks.  Could someone please give me an example of motion detector build with only the IMAQ USB and compatible blocks? Or at least guide me how to compare the two acquitted images (one being held for 50 ms) in the program I have here?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,203 Views)

Thank u a lot this is exactly what i want 🙂 

I have only a small question ... How can i select one of the acquired image to process? I mean how can i resolve number 2? It seems there's a block i have to choose but what is it? 

Regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,191 Views)

I've found it...

Thank you for your help...

Best Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,186 Views)

Hello there:) 

I am trying to capture an image and i used the Get Pixel value block where i specify the coordinates X and Y and it outputs me the pixel value. Is there any way to do the reverse process? I mean can i have the pixel value as input and get the coordinates as outputs? because my application is about getting the coordinates of the highest pixel value in order to move two servo motors so i need the coordinates as outputs... 

Regards,,, 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,170 Views)

Dear toufic,

you cannot do it this way. You will have to check all pixel values and compare them to find the highest value. You can use for example IMAQ ImageToArray and then just search for the highest value using operations on arrays.

Dear Deadpool,

you will have to replace the standard IMAQ blocks with the ones provided by IMAQ USB. You can have a look at page 7 of NI-IMAQ for USB Manual. A setup similar to what you need is presented there.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,147 Views)