From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support of Camera Link 14-bit or 16-bit, 2-tap, medium config by PCIe-1433

Need to configure 1433 frame grabber to acquire data for either 14-bit or 16-bit, 2-tap, medium configuration modes, described in tables 4-6 and 4-7 of the v2.1 of the standard document.  Version 18.0 of NI's Camera File Generator utility does not seem to configure this properly with the 1433  frame grabber card, with 1-tap of the two filled seemingly filled with 0 count values.  Note I have successfully acquired data from the camera I'm using in this mode with another manufacturer's frame grabber.  The online PCIe-1433 user manual dated 2010 does not list this as a supported mode in table 2-1, though it is listed as supported here:  http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54610/en/.  A previous forum thread (https://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/PCIe-1433-not-showing-16bit-x-2-taps-as-option-in-camera-fil...) seems to ask this same question but no solution is posted.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,864 Views)

So, troubleshooting of this issue by NI support did not identify the problem and left only the hardware to be verified, for which they issued an RMA (service request 778341).   Paid $400 for a repair of the card which came back with repair report and certificate of conformance with indicated they had "repaired solder joint."    Card behaves exactly the same way in this 14-bit, 2-tap medium configuration as before.  Furthermore, in parallel we acquired another used 1433 card and tried it.   It behaves the same way as the other card.

Looking more and more like the card has a bug with this advertised mode of operation to me.   Not happy about having paid $400 for a repair which did not effect the problem, nor that we have NI hardware that does not correctly operate in a mode that they claim to support.

Hope someone from NI contacts me to resolve this issue.    

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,724 Views)