Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest Me Camera To Analysis The Size Of Shattered Particles

I am new user I got a project in which i need high resolution and high speed camera which can capture the image of falling drop ...that drop is fallen from nozzle with compressed air and that drop is shattered into very small particles ....say 50-70 micro mm..i need to capture the pattern of shattered particles .....and have to analysis the size of particles....any suggestion for camera ?? And also NI Device For this Project

Technical Specifications

Flash At which particles are shattered 1ft * 1ft

lenght from which it is shattered is neart about 1 to 1.5 ft

Thanks in advance

Regards

Harmeet Singh      

harmeet.sherry@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,843 Views)

anybody ???

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,834 Views)

Hi Harmeet,

From the specification that you have mentioned above, what would be the smallest particle that you want to capture with the camera? The significance of the particle size would determine the camera resolution that you need to get in conjunction with the area size that you need to cover.

For an example your current FOV (field of view) of 30cmx30cm (1ftx1ft):

To be able to identify a 1mm radius item, you would need a minimum of 2 pixels which equals to 600x600 resolution camera.

You can find out more about the theory behind setting up an image acquisition system in an NI tutorial that may help you get started linked below:

Image Acquisition System Setup

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4229

I hope that this helps you to get started. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,818 Views)

Hi Harmeet

The first thing is the speed of your particle, relative to the pressure and the shape of the nozzle...and the product you will spray...

If you want to make movies of the spray, 3000fr/s is a good deal.

You can also use double frame camera with double pulsed illumination.

if you want to check 20µm particles, you will have to magnify if a lot: by using long distance microscope objectives or questar objectives

to get light enough you will need flashlight or you can also use collimated light impinging directly your particle in transmission and hitting the camera sensor through full opened macro objective...but then you will have some working distance limitations.

Then the system is ready for Labview grabbing and analysing

Keep on "tracking"Smiley Happy

Fink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,806 Views)