Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate GigE Vision Basler Runner Camera ruL2098-10gc

Hi Everyone, 

I'd like to know if there is a way to simulate a GigE Vision Camera, I don't have constant access to the hardware as I am working remotely.

It is a Basler Runner LineScan Camera ruL2098-10gc.

Thanks, 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(12,212 Views)

I don't know a way to simulate a camera. Maybe you can save a set of images and work with them when you don't has the camera.

I hope this works for your implementation, please let me know what you think. Best regards.

David P.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(12,183 Views)

Hi David, 

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately, my point is to work on the implementation of the sinchronization with a line Scan Camera, without access to the hardware, thus I need to simulate this camera to make sure everything works flawlessly.

Thanks, 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(12,177 Views)

I use the racers alot (replacements for runners) there is no native simulated images but I have written my own driver that simulates imaqdx grabs for such situations, this was a decent amount of work.  It is nice to know that I am not the only one that wisthes there was a imaq simulation driver that worked from an image set.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(12,126 Views)

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for your reply

May I ask if you could share your work?

Thanks, 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(12,121 Views)

Unfortunaly this one I cant post.

Essentially I have a simulatoin replacement for Imaq configure and Imaq Grab for simulation.  configure will load the images into memory as an array of imaq images.  The grab handles the timing (line rate x height for linescan cameras)  and returns an image and frame number appropriatly.  

Maybe NI will add this to imaqdx in the future allowing for simulated cameras (much like simulated daq devices).

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(12,116 Views)

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for the explanation, I hope too that NI will integrate that soon.

Best Regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(12,107 Views)

Hi,

I was looking for the simulator for GigE Camera. Has this been added by NI already you response to this would help a lot

Thank you,

Regards,

Shiddu

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,969 Views)