Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Images to memory

I have a PCI 1408 card. My labview program is supposed to capture images when triggered. How do i store the images to the computer memory and called it back when i need it? other then using the buffer LL ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,520 Views)
Check out the IMAQ examples. They will show you how to just acquire a single image (Snap), acquire a steady stream of images (Grab), or acquire a fixed number of sequential images (Sequence). This will probably take care of whatever you are doing. If you need a more complex solution, look at the low level examples.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,520 Views)
By default, images acquired using High Level grab, snap and sequence are already stored in system memory. There are also low level examples showing how to do image acquisition into onboard memory. As you will see in the examples, the difference is in the IMAQ Configure List.vi where you can specify the memory location for the image buffer.

To access images stored onboard, you will need to use the IMAQ Copy.vi to copy the image from the onboard memory into system memory. If not using onboard memory, you can directly access the captured images via the pink image wires.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,520 Views)