Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save image to SQL

I am trying to save a greyscale U8 image to an SQL database. I have tried using both the "image" and varbinary(MAX) datatypes in SQL Express. In LabView I have used "IMAQ write to string", "write binary file" and, last but not least,  tried converting an image into a 1D array of U8 and then into a hexadecimal string. Each time I get an error message

ADO Error 0x80040E07  Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB for SQL server. Operand type clash.

The VI I am using to insert data into the database table is "DB tools insert data". This seems to work well for numeric data so there doesn't appear to be a problem communicating with the database. But when I try to save an image then the error message shown above appears.

Does anyone have a possible solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

LightWorker

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,668 Views)

I have resolved this problem I believe. You don't need to convert the image to a string - you can use the imagetoarray VI and wire the array directly into the "DB tools insert data" VI. I have used varbinary(MAX) as the data type in SQL as the "image" data type is not recommended. 

LightWorker

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,647 Views)

Hello

Do you have a version for Labview without Vision.

I need to view image in crystal reports but I have not managed to get rid of the labview hex characters that are added. I can load it back in labview but not in crystal reports.

thanks

JCollado
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,465 Views)

Sorry but no, I don't have a non Vision version. 

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,461 Views)

Ok

Thank you

JCollado
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,459 Views)

which is the reverse process of reading that imaq image from database and visualize it? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,345 Views)