From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize image resolution

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

I'm using Basler acA2000-340kc camera link camera which can grab image with a maximum image resolution of 2040x1086. However I'd like to capture image with a lower resolution without cropping it so the avi files that i am creating are not as big in size. I've figured that i'm supposed to use the IMAQ Set Image Size but i'm just not quite sure where to put it in my vi. I've both attatched vi and uploaded a picture of it so it's easier for you to see. I'm all new to LabVIEW and i'd appreciate any help.

scale.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Macio91

Hi,

the vi you are looking for is IMAQ Resample (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281P-01/imaqvision/imaq_resample/) , not IMAQ SetImageSize. SetImageSize creates a black image, unless the image size is unchanged, then it does nothing. 

You want to use it inside the second loop, directly after acquiring the image.

.. To get smaller AVI files, you can also consider using a more efficient codec. There is a vi in the Example finder that compares all the available codecs on your PC.

BP

Message 2 of 3
(4,015 Views)

Sorry for the late response but i had to move my project into a newer version of LabVIEW because of comparability issues. Your solution worked perfectly! Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,927 Views)